hehehe. I am not really set on any team at the moment, I am still yet to go to a real game. I have been to an NFL game, and loads of NCAA at Fayetteville.
Have you ever seen the movie 61*, even if you like the yankees or not, it is a great movie
lol baseball games are something else, I'll tell you that. It's like alcohol (or so I've heard), an acquired taste, but I guess that goes for any sport. But outside of the NFL and the MLB, Im the biggest fan of NCAA games. I dont know what it is about college sports that just makes the passion flow, its like the players genuinely want it more than if they were being payed to play. Good times, good times
I've heard of 61, it was about Roger Maris if Im not mistaken? Can I amend my hatred of the Yankees? My distaste is really for the Steinbrenner reign, not the olden days because I've always been a long time fan of Joe DiMaggio, and Yogi Berra somehow found his way into my heart. lol Kid never knew when to keep his mouth shut. But next time I'm out and about, I'll see about looking up "61".
thank you kindly, Im pleased you liked this. I was afraid for it a bit because of the low light and I had to pretend I was a surgeon again (no tripod this trip) heh. *nods* either way Im pleased you enjoyed it
1. The rules are the best you can punch the living sh*t out of each other and sometimes you get suspended for 1 week maybe 2, but who cares its all for the crowd.
2. Its a hard sport, none of this crap about lets hide behind this guy and ill be right, pfff. Everyone has to get in there and attack and defend, broken bones, black eyes, bleeding its all there baby.
3. The high flyers, now if you know how the game is played, a player can put his knee into the back off another player just to get a massive hanger (Speckie) this is when a player gets massive air and the whole crowd goes off and for that 3 seconds heís in the air no one cares about the teams.
4. The Crowds, now this is my favorite bit, when you walk up to the MCG or the Telstra Dome and you turn around and you see a pack of 30 mates following you and then behind them you see 30,000 supporters for the Doggies and another 40,000 supporters for Essendon, thatís when i really go off.
5. When that 70,000 sits down and watch the game and the screens from the mothers, daughters, sons, dads, grand-dadís children, teenagers, we all watch the game on the edge of our seats waiting for the final siren to go off.
For that 2hrs and a bit. I donít care about anything else in the world other then my footy.
*nods* yeah I saw in your gallery, which is cool enough as is! I tried my hand at live/action photography and *shakes head* yeah, either its me or the 5700 that wasnt upto it. Im thinking it was a combination of both, but leaning more toward the former. *nods in quiet admittance* oh yeah. But hey, Im pleased you liked the piece thanx again!